Insulating Foundation Walls – Benefits of Using Reflective Foil Bubble Insulation
As new product offerings meet customers new educated demand, we’re seeing dramatic improvements in how today’s houses are insulated. A number of these homes are getting to be tightly sealed using many different appropriate insulation products. You can explore foam insulations via http://foaminsulationsolution.com/spray-foam-insulation-nyc-ny/.
A significant area that’s often overlooked however that is the concrete foundation wall. A base wall without proper insulation or one that’s un-insulated can feature significant heat loss inside the building envelope.
A poorly insulated wall may be the host of several serious issues. The issues can include:
- Moisture issues
- Radon gas infiltration
- Insect infestation
Reflective foil bubble insulation is a superb base wall insulation product to use. Installing a radiant barrier utilizing reflective foil insulation on the outside or dirt side of a basement wall has many benefits. These include the following:
- Correctly using reflective bubble insulation for foundation walls might help remove moisture issues. The moisture is made by the temperature difference between the exterior earth around the basement and the basement’s inside.
- Reflective foil insulation, much like any radiant barrier product, blocks the transfer of radiant heat. Less heat is consumed and from the base walls.
- Bubble foil insulation, just like any exterior insulation, protects the damp proof coating required for use on the dirt side of the base wall whilst back-filling.
- Utilizing reflective foil bubble insulation acts as a capillary break that prevents moisture intrusion. This produces a thermal bridge that guards the base wall in the freeze-thaw cycle that is existing in most cold climates.
- Insulating the exterior in comparison with the inside conserves on square footage.
- Radiant barrier products are impervious to insect infiltration.